Consumers are becoming more mobile-ly engaged every day. Smart phones and tablets are consumers go to device for everything from helping with shopping to taking pictures and getting directions. Mobile devices are also being used as entertainment sources and video gaming tools. New information is out that shows how many device owners are gaming and how much gaming activity is set to grow.
• In the past 2 years, the number of mobile gamers has increased by 66%
• By 2014, it is estimated that over 140 million adults will be mobile gamers – that’s an increase of nearly 40%
• Over 90 million adults are casual online gamers and that number is expected to grow to over 100 million by 2014
• Social gaming is also expected to see increases. Over the next 2 years,
the number of adults participating in social games will increase to over 85 million people
What Does This Mean To You?
Because of the high levels of engagement associated with gaming, these activities give your organization a great avenue to build up audience. The adults who participate in mobile gaming also make great targets for many businesses.
Nationally, adults who use mobile devices for video games:
• Roughly 50/50 split between men and women
• 54% are 18-34 and nearly 40% 35-54
• Their median household income is just over $70,000 – they are 30% more likely than the average adult to have household incomes of $75,000+
• Just over half work in White-Collar occupations
• They are over 40% more likely to have children in their household
Mobile continues to become more integrated into people’s lives and gives you additional opportunities to create unique messaging opportunities. For more information on how mobile solutions can bring you more awareness and increased traffic, please contact your Orlando Sentinel Media Group representative or:
Advertising Research Manager
Source: The 2012 Multi-Market Scarborough Report, Release 1; Frank N. Magid Associates; eMarketer