It’s no secret how big mobile is going to be this holiday season. All evidence points to it being a record breaking shopping period for mobile. A new report looks at how mobile affects holiday consumer behavior and the items people will buy via mobile device.
• Over six in 10 will visit a product’s webpage after seeing a mobile ad for
• Nearly 40% will download or redeem a coupon for the item
• Over 35% requested more information after seeing a mobile ad
• Women were more likely than men to say they purchased an item after seeing an ad on a mobile device
• The top holiday gift items that consumers said they would buy via mobile device were electronics – including movies and music (60%), toys & games (56%), clothes (45%), flights & hotels (28%) and decorations (24%)
What Does This Mean To You?
Mobile sites are not just a luxury for businesses, they are an imperative. Not having a mobile site basically eliminates a large portion of potential consumers from being exposed to your company.
Its how on-the-go consumers are learning about you, what you have to offer and how to find you. A good mobile site will also give them reasons to shop your store and why they should make purchases from you while in another location. Effective mobile solutions can help you take business from the competition, create new customers and give you a great means of targeting. For more information on the many ways you can deliver your message through mobile devices to gain a competitive advantage, please contact, your Orlando Sentinel Media Group representative or:
Advertising Research Manager
Source: eMarketer; Mojiva