Your social reputation is extremely valuable. It is often what either makes consumers shop with you or go to one of your competitors. One way to ensure your social reputation remains positive is through offering great customer service. During the holidays, shoppers don’t have much time and look to your employees for advice and assistance. A new report has been released that looks into what shoppers expect from your employees.
• Nearly six in 10 want to be checked out quickly
• 56% of shoppers want your employees to let them know about offers & discounts
• Over 40% of shoppers think your staff should greet them with a
• More than two-thirds want your associates to price match other retailer’s offers
• Nearly 30% want your employees to have the ability to help them find gifts
What Does This Mean To You?
The staff is often the one thing shoppers remember most about a store. Good customer service leads to good reviews and loyal customers. Bad shopping experiences leads to bad reviews and customers business wind up at your competition. Making sure your staff is educated is paramount. Educated on what you sell, the offers & promotions that are currently available and what the competition is doing. While the customer is not right in every single situation – their wants and needs should always be top of mind with you and your staff. While motivating employees, especially during the holidays can be hard – the cost of an unmotivated, unhelpful employee often shows up in lost sales and missed opportunities. For more information on how a positive social reputation can make you more money, please contact your Orlando Sentinel Media Group representative or:
Advertising Research Manager
Source: Mobile Commerce Daily; Deloitte