Many people believe that the holidays bring out the best in others. There are gifts, lights, presents & family all around. Then there’s holiday shopping, which often does not bring out the best in many people. A new study is out that looks at why people shop for the holidays in stores vs. online.
• 22% say they would rather shop in a store to look and feel products before purchasing
• 17% like to buy online because they feel they can get the best deal there
• 11% prefer to shop in stores because they like to browse while holiday shopping
• 10% like to shop in a store because they enjoy the experience of holiday shopping
• 6% would rather shop online because there is a bigger range of products online
What Does This Mean To You?
Whether you are trying to attract shoppers to your physical location or your virtual storefront, you need to develop a sound strategy to create awareness and drive traffic. There are many options available across a variety of platforms. You can create your message through digital, print, direct & broadcast – these are just a few of the media options available to you.
The best way to start any campaign is by asking yourself two questions:
Who is my target consumer?
What are my goals and objectives?
Two answers that are really unacceptable –
Everyone as a target consumer & make more money as a goal.
These answers have to be actionable.
Because these two things allow you target your message and be much more effective and efficient.
It also lets you compare your campaigns and determine if they were successful.
For more information on creating a strategy to maximize your message and get results, please contact your Orlando Sentinel Media Group representative or:
Advertising Research Manager
Source: Mobile Commerce Daily; Accenture