Mobile is a hot topic this holiday season – and it’s not about how many mobile devices will be on gift lists this year. We’ve posted several articles about how important mobile shopping will be and when these shoppers will be researching and making purchases this holiday season. Today, we’ll look at the specific actions mobile shoppers will be engaging in this year.
• 41% will look for competitive pricing on Amazon – an increase of 17% from 2011.
35% will check online retailers other than Amazon and 30% will comparison shop on
• 37% will browse an online store or look up store information. The number of consumers looking up store information is set to increase by nearly 25% from last year
• One-third will check for product ratings and reviews
• 30% will check a retailer’s mobile site where they intend to buy
• 28% will check available inventory before visiting the store
• 22% will reserve products for in-store pick-up
What Does This Mean To You?
Mobile consumers are very connected to their devices and will be using many different smart phone functions during the holidays this year.
The common denominator looks to be savings.
To ensure your mobile site is as valuable as possible to shoppers, make sure you promote any offers you plan on having. If the products you are selling are also available on Amazon or other mass online retailers/shopping engines – compare your prices with theirs to check competitiveness. Be sure to include any shipping charges in your comparison. If you offer free set-up or removal, that is a value that you should include in your mention. Also promote an easy return/exchange program. For more information on how to make your mobile strategy as competitive as possible this holiday season, please contact your Orlando Sentinel Media Group representative or:
Advertising Research Manager
Source: eMarketer; MarketLive