In yesterday’s post, we looked at what media affluent shoppers tend to use. Today, we’ll look at what just who these shoppers are. This information may help you to put together holiday strategies if you are targeting upper-end consumers ($100,000+).
Who are affluent shoppers?
• One in five affluent adults are under 30 and less than 10% of affluent shoppers are age 67 or older
• One-third of high-end consumers live in the South and one in four live in the Western U.S.
• 22% live in the Northeast and one in five reside in the Midwest
• The vast majority, 85%, of adults with incomes of $100,000+ are Caucasian. 8% are of Hispanic origin, 7% are Asian and 6% are African-American
• Nearly 60% work full time
• Over 60% work in managerial or professional roles, 13% are C-level executives and 17% are business owners
What Does This Mean To You?
Creating connections with this group can yield big results for your organization. Yesterday’s post gave some insights in to the media they tend to use. Today, we’ll take a deeper look to help you target these consumers and create relationships with them.
• 77% of affluent adults nationwide have read a newspaper or visited a newspaper website in the past week
• Affluent adults are over 80% more likely to access newspaper content through a mobile device than the general public
•They are nearly 20% more likely than the average adult to have visited a social network in the past month and almost 30% more likely to have visited using a mobile device
• Seven in 10 affluent adults used a search engine over the past 30 days
• Nearly three-quarters are texters and they are 60% more likely to have checked their email via mobile device
• 37% went online in the past month to view online videos
Print, Mobile, Social, Search and Video – these are the things that affluent shoppers are relying on heavily and are the tools that can help you garner their attention. For more information on targeting tools to help you engage and monetize the affluent audience, please contact your Orlando Sentinel Media Group representative or:
Advertising Research Manager
Source: IPSOS Media; Mendelsohn; The 2012 Scarborough Multimarket Study, Release 1; Totally Uncorked on Marketing