In yesterday’s post, we looked at how consumers view advertising on tablets and the actions of tablet users after seeing marketing messages. A large percentage of tablet owners made purchases and researched products on their tablets. Today, we’ll look at the products that are researched and purchased most often.
• Three in 10 tablet owners researched foods and beverages, sports/recreation/hobbies and travel services
• Nearly 30% researched beauty and personal care items and roughly one
in four looked automotive or health
• In the past 12 months, tablet owners purchased nearly $360 worth of products via their device
• Over 20% of tablet users purchased media & entertainment products and retail & apparel items
• Nearly 20% purchased consumer electronics and personal care/beauty products
• Other categories that tablet users purchased were restaurants (16%), food & beverage (15%) and travel services (13%)
What Does This Mean To You?
How can tablet advertising affect sales to your business?
In the next 12 months, adults who own a tablet in Metro Orlando are more
likely to purchase:
• High definition televisions
• A home
• A new, used or leased vehicle
Tablet owners are also more likely to have flown domestically or internationally, stayed in a hotel, attended a movie or purchased a ticket to a professional sporting event.
Tablets can help your business connect with consumers, create awareness
about your products and increase sales. For more information on tablets can help grow your business, please contact your Orlando Sentinel Media Group representative or:
Advertising Research Manager
Source: Center For Media Research; OPA; Frank Magid Associates; The 2012 Scarborough Report, Release 1