The affluent consumer is something that most businesses are looking to attract. They are more likely to have disposable income and paying a little more for quality. A recent study from Empathica touched on the ways that luxury buyers interacted with brands before they made a purchase. This data can help you improve the way you recruit and retain affluent shoppers.
• Over two-thirds of luxury buyers visited a company’s web site
• 67% visited a retail location
• 45% read online reviews – affluent male shoppers were nearly 30% more likely to read reviews than affluent females
• 14% interacted via mobile device
• 13% connected using social media
• 12% contacted the call center
What Does This Mean To You?
How robust is your company’s web site? Is it well maintained and welcoming? Considering that more affluent consumers visit websites than retail locations before buying , shouldn’t your web presence be as good as possible. Also, customer reviews are very important. They are like testimonials for your business. If some of your reviews are negative, do what you can to fix the problem. Often, showing that you can fix problems is impressive to prospective customers. In Central Florida, there are nearly 850,000 adults with household incomes of $75,000+. This is a customer base that is too big to be ignored. For more information on reaching affluent consumers, please contact your Orlando Sentinel Media Group representative or:
Advertising Research Supervisor
Source: Empathica; Emarketer