Consumers are using mobile devices in all phases of shopping, including while they are inside actual stores. Looking at how they used their mobile devices can help you with your mobile strategy and capture more dollars from customers.
- 41% of customers used a mobile device to compare prices and them make a purchase from a competitor’s store
- 31% compared prices and made a purchase from the store they were shopping in
- 30% scanned a QR code
- 27% “checked in” to receive a discount
- 26% compared prices and then purchased from a competitors website or requested a price match
- 23% made an online purchase from a competitor after leaving the store
- 13% compared prices on a mobile device and purchased from the stores web site
What Does This Mean To You?
Mobile devices give consumers the ability to constantly shop. Just because you’ve drawn in the traffic doesn’t mean they will not buy elsewhere. Using mobile coupons, price matching and mobile loyalty programs can help you keep the customers you’ve got and possibly take sales away from your competition. For more information on how to harness the power of mobile consumerism, please contact your Orlando Sentinel Media Group representative or:
Advertising Research Supervisor
Source: Center For Media Research; Prosper