We’ve posted on a few reports showing that gamers are more than just
teenagers or guys who live in their parent’s basement. But two recent
research reports show us that more women are gaming than ever before.
In fact, women are involved in online gaming more than men.
- 21% of US females use an Xbox
- 16% have a PS3
- 44% of women preferred game genres other than casual, exercise or music /rhythm games
- 48 million women play browser-based online games vs. 47 million men – this does not include social games such as Farmville
- Male gamers tend to be younger, Gamers over 35 tend to be female
- In the key 25-54 demo, 26% of women participate in online gaming vs. 23% of men
What Does This Mean To You?
As a business, you should always be on the lookout for ways to increase engagement with customers. Online games are not only a great way to create extended exposure with clients, they also help you target a female audience. For more information on how adver-games can be used to create top of mind awareness or reaching female consumers, please contact your Orlando Sentinel Media Group representative or:
Advertising Research Supervisor
Source: Interpret; Comscore; Emarketer