We’ve had several posts on how important mobile will be for holiday shopping – now there is new research predicting just how important it will be this weekend. In the past companies would focus their digital retail efforts on CyberMonday, but mobile has changed that.
- It is estimated that 60 million consumers will shop via mobile devices this Thanksgiving weekend
- 45% of shoppers will use devices to compare prices
(up 22% over last year)
- 36%, or 21 million consumers will make a purchase directly from
a mobile device
- 29% will use mobile devices to find out about new products
- 27% of mobile shoppers will use their devices during the
- 15% of shoppers will make purchases on mobile devices in a store
What Does This Mean To You?
The holidays are hectic enough. Stores are crowded, roads are jammed and time is at a premium. Mobile allows consumers a convenient way to get their holiday shopping done and creates a new revenue stream for you. The easier you make it for your customers, the more likely they are to spend money with you. For more information on optimizing your mobile efforts, please contact your Orlando Sentinel Media Group representative or:
Source: Mobile Commerce Daily; InMobi