The tough economy is affecting the shopping habits of the affluent ($75,000+ incomes). Over half said they planned on spending less this year and looking for deals is becoming more important than ever.
- Nearly one-third of affluent shoppers said they planned on shopping online more than at malls
- 20% will be using social media to find deals
- 56% plan on comparison shopping more than they used to
- They are 33% more likely than lower income groups not to buy without a discount or free shipping
Women are also anticipating changes to the way they will shop during
- Women are more likely than men to be comparison shopping
- They are also more likely to demand free shipping and shop on line
What Does This Mean For You?
Economic reasons has forced everyone to re-access their holiday shopping plans, even those who are usually insulated from tough times. You need to maximize your reach this holiday season to keep your stores full and cash registers ringing. For more information on how we can help your business reach the customers you need to be successful, please contact your Orlando Sentinel Media Group representative or:
Orlando Sentinel Media Group