The back-to-school shopping season is still going on. Even in these tough economic times, 9 out of 10 back to school shoppers said they are spending equal to or more than they did last. According to a recent study, mobile devices are having a huge impact on back-to-school shopping.
- 64% of back-to-school shoppers will use smart phones to make a purchase
- 61% will use smart phones to get pricing information
- 43% will download discounts, coupons or sale information
While back-to-school shoppers may plan on spending more, they are also stretching their dollars as far as they can:
- Nearly two-thirds of back-to-school shoppers said that low prices are the top factor in choosing which retailers to shop
- 55% said they will only buy products they absolutely need this season
- 26% said they will reuse items from last year instead of shopping.
What Does This Mean To You?
There is no denying how engrained mobile is becoming with consumers. With high gas prices and the tightening economy, consumers are doing as much research as possible before shopping and mobile technology makes it easy. So even if you are not traditional back-to-school type retailer, you can benefit from back-to-school shoppers. Consumers are hunting for deals and mobile can help you be seen. Mobile solutions will help you gain awareness and get results. For more Information on how mobile solutions can grow your business, please contact your Orlando Sentinel Media Group Representative or:
Orlando Sentinel Media Group