If you thought it was just kids using social networks, you’re wrong.
A new study from Community 102 shows us just who makes up the
audience across the social web.
- The average age of social networkers is 37 years old
- The most active social networkers are 35-44 year olds
- The average FaceBook user is 38 years old, the average Twitter user is 39 years old and the average LinkedIn user is 44 years old
- The largest age group among Facebook users are 18-25 year olds (29% of users)
- The largest age group among Twitter users is 26-34 year olds (30% of users)
What Does This Mean for You?
Contrary to popular thinking, social media is not the domain of teens. Social networkers are in the prime earning and acquisition years of their lives. Are you marketing your social offerings correctly? Are you ignoring social media because they think the average user is younger than the age of your target market? For more information on reaching and monetizing social media users, please contact your Orlando Sentinel Media Group Representative or:
Orlando Sentinel Media Group
Source: Community 102