There was a time when being all thumbs was a bad thing, but kids today probably view it as an advantage. A recent study by Lab42 showed that 45% of teens send at least 30 texts per day.
Among those age 13 to 21
- Between texting& calling someone – 71% said they would rather text
- 66% spent more than 15 minutes a day on their cell phones
- When asked about what they chat about – 54% said just chatting, 20% said making plans with friends
- 20% said they send pictures via text everyday
- 80% of those surveyed said they text at home, just 2% admitted to texting while driving
Why This Is This Important To You?
Besides being huge influencers of family spending, these are also the consumers of tomorrow. Cell phones and smart phones are their portal to the world and they prefer to communicate via text. SMS campaigns are a great way for you to get your messages in front of them. For more information on how you can have a turnkey permission based SMS campaign, please contact
your Orlando Sentinel Media Group Representative or:
Orlando Sentinel Media Group