Search engines have become the starting point for most internet users. In fact, 56% of adults and nearly three-quarters of internet users nationwide have used a search engine in the past 30 days. Several studies have been released that looks at the role search engines play in online health information.
• Two-thirds of health information searchers look for diseases, over half look up treatment options and over 40% search for Doctors
• Health related searches on Google are up 47% from last year
• One-third of consumers search for specific brands of medications
• Over 90% of physicians use search engines to find health information
• Nearly one-third of moms search online for health information at least once every few days
What Does This Mean To You?
Search Engine Optimization is important for most businesses, not just health related ones.
When it comes to search habits, consumers don’t go too far. 90% of searchers click on the first listing and the vast majority don’t go past the first page. Also, search is important to reaching the mobile consumer. 73% of mobile device users have utilized a search engine on their device in the past month.
Incorporating robust search tactics into your marketing strategy will help ensure that interested consumers know where you are and what you offer. For more information on how to get great results through an effective search campaign, please contact your Orlando Sentinel Media Group representative or:
Advertising Research Manager
Source: GeoNeTric; CBI; The 2012 Multi-Market Scarborough Report, Release 1; DigitaHealthPulse